Can I Bake All Four Cakes At Once?

Decorating By pandora3799 Updated 18 Nov 2005 , 4:47pm by cakefairy18

pandora3799 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pandora3799 Posted 18 Nov 2005 , 2:10pm
post #1 of 5

I am making a stacked cake with a 10"x3" round, 2 - 8"x2" round, and a 6"x3" round. Can I bake them in my oven all at once? What temp would you suggest... and length of time? Should I set my oven at CONVECT... or regular bake? I would love the help. This is for a cake for tomorrow!!!

Thanks,
Pandora

4 replies
Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 18 Nov 2005 , 2:52pm
post #2 of 5

I think you should be able to bake them all at one time. I'd put one 6 and one 8 on the top rack and the other 8 and 10 on a lower rack. Try to stagger them and make sure the pans don't touch. I'd bake at 325 and just keep an eye on them since the smaller ones will bake faster than the larger ones. I've never baked with a convection oven. Maybe someone who has can tell you which would be better to use.

peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 18 Nov 2005 , 4:25pm
post #3 of 5

yes you should be able to bake them all at once. Make sure to put the smaller cakes to the front of the oven so that you can pull them first without distrubing the larger ones.

As far as baking with convection, i do it all the time, don't think i would want to experiment with a cake thats important, as it does take alittle getting use to. But this is how i do it. I turn my oven fan to low, i have a bake or roast option, the bake option is the lower fan setting and i bake at 300. You do have to watch it, because they bake faster then a standard oven.

vicky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vicky Posted 18 Nov 2005 , 4:30pm
post #4 of 5

I myself would not do this. The cakes on the bottom level get too dark at the bottom and the top takes too long. This would be in a regular oven, not a convection oven. I usually bake 2 cakes at a time to allow even heat distribution. Good luck.
Vicky, MO

cakefairy18 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefairy18 Posted 18 Nov 2005 , 4:47pm
post #5 of 5

I remember Christine Cushing saying..if you bake cakes convection is a no no...she's a famous chef on Food TV, so I go by that, and i've never had a prob

I think she said b/c all the air is circlating your cake is bound to be dryer than non convection

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%