Kitagrl Posted 11 Nov 2005 , 2:32pm
post #1 of

I have alot of people email me from my website and they say "call me at this number".

I usually write back and just send them MY number and have them call me...I mean, when's the last time Walmart called your house to see if you wanted cake?

I have called a person before if we had already discussed a cake and then they ask me to call them. I don't like doing it because I still feel the customer should call me but if I want to keep the business, well...I do it.

I suppose I should put my phone number on my website, so that part is probably my fault. Otherwise do you guys get alot of "call me"?

6 replies
Mchelle Posted 11 Nov 2005 , 2:35pm
post #2 of

I would call to follow up. What will it hurt? In the end you are the one that ends up with the order icon_lol.gif .

gilson6 Posted 11 Nov 2005 , 2:38pm
post #3 of

Unless you are licensed & etc. -- do NOT put your home number on the website. If you have a mobile phone -- put that. Hey, it's a business expense. I think to show good customer service you need to call them if they are requesting it. I see all the time on here people saying "We are not Wal-Mart. If you want a Wal-Mart cake - go there." Well, we are not Wal-Mart, they don't call their customers. They don't need to. Please don't take this as being rude! It's just one opinion.

Libby6070 Posted 11 Nov 2005 , 2:44pm
post #4 of

Gilson you make a very good point. I agree customer service is what I look for at any place I shop. To my amazment everyone is decorating cakes and everyone doesn't have that persanality to make them stand out among the crowd. A happy baker and experience goes along way with return customers.

TamiAZ Posted 11 Nov 2005 , 2:44pm
post #5 of

I agree with gilson...It's all about customer service. If you have good customer service and good cakes, I guarantee you'll have lots of return customers!!! thumbs_up.gif Good customer service is hard to come by anymore, so when people get it, they remember. At least, I do!! icon_lol.gif

Misdawn Posted 11 Nov 2005 , 2:46pm
post #6 of

I agree with gilson6. Just the simple fact that they can leave a message, and then a real live person actually does call them back is a big bonus in your favor. I mean even if Wal-Mart did call people, it would probably be some dumb machine telling you to call back during regular business hours. Who wants that?

It may be a little thing, but as a consumer, it means a heck of a lot more to me when I can talk to a real person, especially if that person is returning my phone call.

lotsoftots Posted 11 Nov 2005 , 2:49pm
post #7 of

Well, they did contact you the only way possible since you have no phone number listed on your website. They initiated the contact, you should call them--they're just doing the best they can with the information provided. Or think of it another way--how would you feel if you were in their shoes?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%