Needed Cake Boxes

Decorating By CherylAnn Updated 11 Feb 2007 , 8:55pm by llynnowens

CherylAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CherylAnn Posted 11 Feb 2007 , 4:28am
post #1 of 7

WHERE CAN I FIND CAKE BOXES CHEAP???? I USE MOSTLY 1/4 SHEET CAKE, BUT OCCASSIONALLY DO A HEART OR DOLL CAKE AND BOXES... ITS BECOMING MORE AND MORE A PROBLEM. THANKS IN ADVANCE.

6 replies
rezzygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alicegop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alicegop Posted 11 Feb 2007 , 5:56am
post #3 of 7

SAM'S CLUB!!!!!!!!

You can buy (in bulk - not piecemeal) anything the bakery uses. I got my sheetcake boards for about a quarter the price of Michaels!!!!!!! You can buy the frosting even! ANYTHING!

JasonL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JasonL Posted 11 Feb 2007 , 2:17pm
post #4 of 7

Sams told me they would sell anything but bags and tips. They said they would even sell a case of the cakes they use to decorate with, not that I would use them just thought it was funny they would sell the cakes.

alicegop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alicegop Posted 11 Feb 2007 , 2:46pm
post #5 of 7

It didn't even occur to me about the cakes......... that seems tempting. I might try it once just because I can! he he he

JasonL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JasonL Posted 11 Feb 2007 , 8:16pm
post #6 of 7

That is what the lady at the counter told. She even give me the number to their local supplier for the boxes and stuff. She did tell me that there isn't any or very little mark up on the boxes and cake boards.

llynnowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
llynnowens Posted 11 Feb 2007 , 8:55pm
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonL

Sams told me they would sell anything but bags and tips. They said they would even sell a case of the cakes they use to decorate with, not that I would use them just thought it was funny they would sell the cakes.

That's pretty freaky that they will sell the cakes. I'm tempted to see if the local Walmart would do the same...just to know, not to actually buy them.
What exactly do employees do in the walmart/sams bakery? Keep in mind, I am in no way trying to sound suspicious or insulting. I know there are plenty of walmart/sams bakers on this site and I absolutely respect you all. I'm just curious because they always look so busy in there...are they making the donuts and things or do they all come in from somewhere else? They don't make the cakes...they just decorate them? What about the cheesecakes and parfaits...are they made on site? Anybody got the inside scoop and care to share? icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%