Cake Stand Is Not Level!

Decorating By luvmykids2bits Updated 23 Sep 2014 , 10:49am by vldutoit

luvmykids2bits Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvmykids2bits Posted 23 Sep 2014 , 2:42am
post #1 of 4

I am doing a small wedding cake this weekend (eight inch bottom and six inch top).  The bride's sister dropped off the cake stand yesterday, it's a heirloom piece that is just beautiful, it belonged to her grandmother.  However, I noticed today that the cake stand is not level!  It's about a half inch higher on one end than on the other, and the edges are all a little wonky.  It's a ceramic one piece stand, so there is no way of adjusting it.

I'm worried that if I make the cake all nice and level and then place it on the stand, it's going to look crooked and slanted.  It's a simple design, white with some orange roses and grey flowers on top and on the side of the tier, so I'm thinking I can camouflage any slants with flowers, but I'm still nervous.  Any suggestions?

3 replies
MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 23 Sep 2014 , 2:48am
post #2 of 4

can you post a photo of the stand?

JanDunlevy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanDunlevy Posted 23 Sep 2014 , 9:26am
post #3 of 4

AI have a new Martha Stewart stand that is the same way! It drives me crazy because no matter what I do the cake looks crooked!! Paid $50 for it but pretty sure it's going in the trash!!!

vldutoit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vldutoit Posted 23 Sep 2014 , 10:49am
post #4 of 4

AIs it possible to use a shim of sorts to make it appear level once the cake is on the stand? Perhaps a bit of folded non slip matting or paper towel.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%