This is my experimental cookie. A variation on my grandmother’s Russian Tea Ball cookie recipe.
Cherry Almond Crescents
- 1 lb Butter, softened
- 4 1/2 cups Flour, sifted
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 Tbl Almond extract
- 1/4 tsp LorAnn Cherry flavoring (more or less to taste)
- 1 1/2 cups Almonds, ground
- 5oz dried cherries, minced (The cherries should be small bits. Use a food processor to mince them. Add a bit of the ground nuts or sugar to help prevent the fruit from sticking to the blade too much.)
Additional powdered sugar for coating.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cream butter, sugar, almond extract and cherry flavoring.
- Add flour; mix
- Add almonds & cherries; mix.
- Use a very small cookie scoop so the cookies will be uniform in size (for even baking). Shape into a crescent. You can get about 120 two-bite cookies from this batch.
- These do not spread much, so they can be fairly close together on the cookie sheet.
- Bake until golden brown (about 10-12 minutes).
- Let cool slightly.
- Roll in powdered sugar while still warm.
- Let cool completely.
- Roll in powdered sugar again. Enjoy!