I found this recipe on the Reese’s website. I wanted an alternative to the ordinary cutout cookie. These are killer and it’s almost a shame to put any icing on them. I think the best pairing is some drizzled chocolate, but play around…the possibilities are endless! Enjoy!!!
Peanut butter cutout cookie
- * 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
- * 1 cup REESE’S Peanut Butter Chips
- * 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- * 1 egg
- * 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- * 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- * 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- * 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- * CHOCOLATE CHIP GLAZE or PEANUT BUTTER CHIP GLAZE(recipes follow)
- 1. Combine butter and peanut butter chips in saucepan; cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until melted. Pour into large bowl; add brown sugar, egg and vanilla. Beat well. Stir in flour, baking soda and pecans; blend well. Refrigerate 15 to 20 minutes or until firm enough to roll.
- 2. Heat oven to 350Â°F. Roll out dough, a small portion at a time, on lightly floured board or between 2 pieces of wax paper, to 1/4-inch thickness. (Keep remaining dough in refrigerator.) With cookie cutters, cut into desired shapes; place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- 3. Bake 7 to 8 minutes or until almost set (do not overbake). Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
- 4. Drizzle CHOCOLATE CHIP GLAZE or PEANUT BUTTER CHIP GLAZE onto each cookie; garnish as desired. About 3 dozen cookies.
- CHOCOLATE CHIP GLAZE: Place 1 cup HERSHEY’S SPECIAL DARK Chocolate Chips or HERSHEY’S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips and 1 tablespoon shortening (do not use butter, margarine, spread or oil) in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 1 minute; stir. If necessary, microwave at MEDIUM an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, just until chips are melted and mixture is smooth.
- PEANUT BUTTER CHIP GLAZE: Place 2/3 cup REESE’S Peanut Butter Chips and 1 tablespoon shortening (do not use butter, margarine, spread or oil) in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 30 seconds; stir. Microwave at MEDIUM an additional 10 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, just until chips are melted and mixture is smooth. About 1/3 cup glaze.
- VARIATION: SLICE AND BAKE PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES: Prepare dough as directed above. Refrigerate 15 to 20 minutes or until firm enough to handle. Shape dough into two 6-inch rolls. Wrap rolls in wax paper or plastic wrap; freeze 1 to 2 hours or until firm enough to cut. Cut dough into 1/4-inch thick slices. Proceed as directed for baking and cooling.
If you have to ask, don’t make them.