This is just as the name states. A beautifully light and refreshing angel food cake.
Light As Air Lemon Angel Cake
- 9 0r 10 inch round angel food cake (I like to make my own from a mix, but you can use pre-made or your own from- scratch recipe)
- 21 ounce can lemon pie filling
- 8 ounce carton lemon yogurt
- 8 ounce container Cool-Whip, thawed
- Lemon slices, for garnish
- Cut cake horizontally into four equal layers, using a serrated knife. In a medium bowl, combine pie filling and yogurt. Blend well. Spread 1/3 of the mixture (about 1 cup) between each cake layer, stacking as you go. Frost top and sides (don’t forget the center hole!) with thawed Cool Whip. Make some nice pretty swirls, while you’re at it. Garnish with fresh lemon slices, if desired. Chill until ready to serve.
I have NO idea, but it being Angel Food cake, and you can use fat-free Cool Whip and non-fat yogurt, this could actually be considered pretty guilt-free.