MY GRAM’S USED TO MAKE THIS EVERY THANKSGIVING.I HAVE RECENTLY BROUGHT BACK TO OUR THANKSGIVING TABLE.IT IS A VERY YUMMY RICH AND CREAMY CHEESECAKE WITH A TOUCH OF PUMPKIN.YUMMO!
PUMPKIN CARAMEL CHEESECAKE WITH A GINGERSNAP CRUST
- *Gingersnap Crust–
1 1/2 cups gingersnap cookie crumbs
- 3/4 cup ground pecans
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
*Pumpkin Cheesecake Filling–
3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup canned solid packed pumpkin
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mace
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 3/8 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup caramel topping
- *Gingersnap Crust–
- *Using a fork, combine gingersnaps, pecan’s, 3 tablespoons brown sugar and melted butter. Press mixture onto the bottom and two inches up the sides of the spring form pan to form the crust.
- *Pumpkin Cheesecake Filling–
- *Combine 3/4 cup of the white sugar, the pumpkin, 3 egg yolks, ground cinnamon, ground mace, ground ginger and salt in a medium bowl. Mix well, and set aside. Beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until light and fluffy; gradually add 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons white sugar and mix well. Add the whole egg, remaining egg yolk and the whipping cream, beating well. Add cornstarch,vanilla and caramel topping ,beat batter until smooth. Add pumpkin mixture and mix well. Pour batter into the prepared pan. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 50 to 55 minutes. Do not overbake. Center may be soft but it will firm up when chilled. Let cheesecake cool on a wire rack, then refrigerate.
- *Optional– After cheesecake has cooled completely,Lightly paint top of cheesecake with additional caramel topping(about 1/4-1/2 cup).Place whole pecans around the outside of cheesecake,sprinkle center with coursly ground pecan’s(about 1/2 cup) and drizzle with aditional caramel topping. Serve chilled and enjoy
- *Note–This cheesecake is best if you let it chill over night and then add pecan’s and caramel to the top right be fore serving.*
Can you tell me what type of pan you use?