Just like Grandma use to make
Sour Creme Pound Cake
- 2 sticks soft butter
- 1 C. sour cream
- 3 C. sugar
- 6 eggs
- 3 C. cake flour, sifted
- 1 t. vanilla
- ¼ t. soda
- Grease and flour an angel food cake pan.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Cream sugar and butter. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Sift flour and soda together. Beat in flour and sour cream alternately, beginning and ending with flour. Add vanilla and beat well.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake at 300 degrees for 1 hour and 30-40 minutes. Cool in pan on rack until easy to handle. Remove from pan and continue to cool completely.
- Though an 8 ounce carton of sour cream is less than a cup, it works fine.
- Freezes beautifully.
- This recipe is too much for my 10 cup Bundt pan. It retains its height and lightness best if baked in a deep rather than a wide tube pan.
- Bring butter to near room temperature, but do not warm
- in microwave to melt.