Usually when I cook this cheesecake I get a small crack or two. I found a remedy to this problem though, if you place another rack underneath the cake while cooking containing a bowl of water you will not get any cracks. The water steams up and prevents the cake from cracking this method however will require you to watch more carefully; if you bake it too long the cake will be more like soup. Better to cook and just leave the crack, the taste will more than make up for it I promise!
Awesome Strawberry Cheescake
- Cheese cake
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 2 (16 ounce) containers sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cup crushed graham crackers
- 4 teaspoons softened butter
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- Strawberry Topping
- 1 pint strawberries, cleaned and stemmed
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Cut up 1/3 of the strawberries and set the rest aside.Put Sugar/strawberries/vanilla in a sauce pan Cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens, about 5-10 minutes depedning on how thick you want it. Remove from heat.Then puree all of it. Sliced the rest of the strawberries and mixed it all together. Chilled in the fridge and then top the cheesecake. Delicious!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. To make the Crust: First you want to put your graham crackers in a bowl and crush them to death! You want to have very fine pieces! After this add 2 teaspoons of softened butter and 2 teaspoons of sugar and mix well. Then add to the springform pan and smooth out over the bottom so that it is evenly distributed. Your crust is now done!
- As for the cake:
- Add all cake ingredients except vanilla into a very large mixing bowl and mix until smooth (sometimes after mixing by hand for awhile I use a mixer) then add your 2 teaspoons of vanilla. When all done mixing you want to very slowly pour the cake mix into your springform pan with the graham crackers so that you do not push your crust everywhere. Pour it in the middle and let spread by itself. You want to fill the pan about 3/4 full maybe a little more but not to the top as it will overflow. Then put the cheesecake into the oven and place a sheet of aluminum foil lightly on top as not to touch the cake and let cook for 45 mins. Then remove foil and cook an additional 5-15 mins or until slightly darker yellow tinge becomes visible on the outside top edge. Then turn off oven heat and let the cheesecake sit in the oven for 1 hour.
- After this you must remove the cake from the oven and refrigerate it for at least 1 day (2 days and it will cut better). I know this might be a tease but it will be worth the wait! I promise. And just so you know ever since I created this evil cheesecake I now have to make it for everybody all the time so be warned.
Yea this isnt to healthy either,lol
This cheesecake was a hit! I made some modifications such as I used raw sugar (it makes for a firmer consistency), raspberries instead of strawberries, and shortbread crust instead of graham cracker. Thank you for sharing! And you're right, be fore warned, you will have to make it for everybody all the time!