A wondeful peach cupcake that is very miost and not to heavy.
Peach cupcake with Mascarpone frosting
- 1-1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1-1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp grated orange zest
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 peaches or nectarines, pitted and thinly sliced and cut into thirds
1 pound mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1-1/4 cups heavy cream
- 1. In a small bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, nutmeg and salt.
- 2. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat together sugar and butter until well combined. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition until light and fluffly. Add vanilla and orange zest, beating well. Alternately beat in flour mixture and milk, making three additions of flour mixture and two of milk, beating until smooth. Fold in peaches or nectarines.
- 3. Scoop batter into prepared pan. Bake in preheated over for 23-28 minutes or until golden brown and tops of cupcakes spring back when lightly touched.
- Let cool in pan on rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool completely on rack.
- For Frosting:
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (I didn’t have this and just used the regular beaters), beat themascarpone, cream and confectioners’ sugar until medium-soft peaks form, 1 to 2 minutes. Be careful no to overbeat. Use immediately.
- My note: I started out beating at medium speed…bad news…then I poured on the speed to almost the highest my mixer would go. Success! It has to be beaten high speed to get thicker.
would this frosting hold its shape? umm for making piped petal look to it... pls reply asap