Posted by Sofinette
This is the filling (and frosting) I used for my first (as I like to call it) american way cake. It is a very popular cream in France especialy used in the "Fraisier" cake.
- 4 cups milk (1 l) 8 egg yolks Â¾ cup sugar granulated (150 gr) 1 vanilla bean Â¾ cup flour (90 gr) 2 1/3 cups butter (550 gr)
- In a sauce pan, heat the milk with the grated vanilla bean to flavour your preparation.
- Beat the egg yolks with half the sugar.
- Add the flour to the egg/sugar mix and stir correctly.
- When the milk starts to boil, take off the vanilla bean and add half of the milk to the egg/sugar/flour mix.
- Stir well until all dissolved, than add it to the rest of the milk in the pan.
- When your cream starts to â??bubbleâ? cook it for another minute until it gets thicker.
- CAREFUL NEVER STOP STIRRING!
- You know have a â??crÃ¨me patissiÃ¨reâ?.
- Now add half of the butter to your cream and stir, then transfer your batter into a bowl.
- Let it cool down completely.
- When it is completely cooled down, cream the rest of your butter and add it to your batter, and beat with a whisk for about 1 minute.
- It is ready!!!
- Can be used to fill and cover your cakes.
- Gets really hard in the fridge, so you might consider taking your cake off the fridge at least 2 or 3 hours before eating it.