I like to use this recipe because I like it’s taste and fluffiness, although I am not a vegetarian. If you want a darker gingerbread, you can add a little cocoa. If you are not a vegetarian you can use butter instead of shortening and if you are…here’s the recipe.:)
Vegetarian honey gingerbread
- 1 cup flour (or more it depends on the humidity)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 cup vegetable shortening or margarine
- 4 tablespoons honey + a few tablespoons of sugar (how many depends on your taste)
- 2 tablespoons of water if necessary
Double the ingredients if you would like more cookies.
- 1. In a bowl, mix the flour, baking soda and the spices.
- 2. In a saucepan melt the shortening, sugar and honey. Let it cool and add the mixture into the flour. As needed add water or flour until you get the right consistency.
- 3. Wrap in a plastic foil and let it stand 30′ in the fridge. Then roll the dough, make the cookies and put them in the oven.