This quick recipe uses regular cake mix, any brand, and any type of whipped topping. It is a great dessert for after dinner, or anytime and especially a treat for St. Patrick’s Day (easy way to get something “green”). You can use creme de menthe flavoring if you don’t have the actual liqueur.
Creme de Menthe Cake I
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package white cake mix
- 3 tablespoons creme de menthe liqueur
- 1 (16 ounce) can chocolate syrup
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 tablespoons creme de menthe liqueur
1 Prepare 1 box white cake mix as directed, except substitute 3 tablespoons Creme de Menthe flavoring or liqueur, for 3 tablespoons water.
2 Pour into 13×9 inch pan and bake according to package directions.
3 Remove from oven and while HOT, poke holes in cake with fork. Then pour chocolate syrup over the top. Refrigerate (or freeze, if desired). After cooling, mix whipped topping with 2 tablespoons of creme de menthe and spread on cake. Keep refrigerated. Freezes great!!