The original recipe is from Tracy Kirk on allrecipes.com but this is my altered version. I found the original too sweet so I had halfed the sugar and the following revised version is raved about and a family favourite. The original recipe also came with cr. cheese frosting recipe. I left that off as I don’t always use the same one.
Awesome Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 3 cups grated carrots
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cups white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9×13 inch pan.
- In a large bowl, combine grated carrots, flour, white sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Stir in eggs, oil, 1 1/4 teaspoon vanilla, pineapple and 3/4 cup chopped pecans. Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool.