This shortbread is really good with iced tea during the summer time. I like to take it to picknics and potluck partys.
Citrus shortbread cookies
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp each lime and orange peel
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp lime juice
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. In large bowl, beat butter and sugar on med speed 2-3 min. Add flour, lime and orange peel. Beat on low speed until blended. Gather dough into a ball.
- On lightly floured surface (or parchment paper), roll dough into a 8×6 inch rectangle, about 1/2 inch thick. Cut into 12 two inch squares, and than cut each square in half diagonally into triangles. Place 1/2 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 12-17 min, until edges just begin to brown. Cool 1 min; remove to wire rack. Cool completely; about 15 min.
- In small bowl, mix powdered sugar and lime juice, pour into ziploc bag. Make sure cookies are cooled or the glaze will just soak into the cookie. Cut off one corner and drizzle over cookies.
Calories 120g; calories from fat 50g; total fat 6g; saturated fat 3.5g; trans fat 0g; cholesterol 15mg; sodium 40 mg; total carbohydrate 15g; dietary fiber 0g; sugar 7g; protein 1g
Exchanges: 1/2 starch; 1/2 other carbohydrate; 1 fat
Carbohydrate choices: 1
Does this cookie spread?? I need a lemon recipe for cutouts.