This tart is really good, and really simple to make. And the filling is a really tasty fruit dip too. You can also substitute cinnamon animal crackers instead of adding the cinnamon and sugar to it. Also, I don’t own a food processor, so I just let my 3 year old beat the crackers to death in a ziploc bag with a rolling pin!!
It is also easy to lighten up this recipe. I wouldnt suggest changing the crust, but you could use fat free animal crackers or grahm crackers; low-fat or fat-free cream cheese; a sugar substitute like Splenda; light whipping cream; sugar free jam; and no sugar added orange juice.
Fabulous three berry tart
- 1 bag (8oz) animal crackers
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 package (8oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup each fresh blackberries, raspberries and blueberries
- 1/4 cup strawberry jam
- 1 Tbsp orange juice
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Place animal crackers in a food processor and process about 1 minute. In a med. bowl, mix crackers, butter, cinnamon and 2 Tbsp sugar. Press into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Bake 8-12 min. Cool completely, about 20 min.
- Meanwhile…In large bowl, beat cream cheese, lemon juice and 1/2 cup sugar until blended on low speed. Add whipping cream; beat on high speed 3-5 min or until light and fluffy. Spread mixture into crust, refrigerate 2 hours until firm.
- Arrange berries on top. In a microwave safe bowl combine jam and OJ, microwave for 15 sec. and drizzle over berries.
Calories 410; calories from fat 220; total fat 25g; saturated fat 14g; trans fat 1.5g; cholesterol 70mg; sodium 220mg; total carbohydrate 41g; dietary fiber 3g; sugar 27g; protein 4g
Exchanges: 1 starch; 1/2 fruit; 1 other carbohydrate; 5 fat
Carbohydrate choices: 3