A simple cheesecake with a spiced crust and a caramel pecan topping.
Caramel Pecan Cheesecake
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup ground pecans
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup margarine, melted
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1 cup chopped pecans
1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, ground pecans, sugar, cinnamon, apple pie spice and nutmeg. Pour in the melted butter. Mix well and press into the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan.
2 In a large bowl, Beat cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar and vanilla until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Pour filling into crust.
3 Bake in the preheated oven for 70 minutes, or until filling is set. Allow to cool.
4 In a small bowl, combine caramel topping and chopped pecans. Spread evenly over cooled cheesecake. Refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving.