These are cookies that are made with Lifesavers or similar hard candies.They’re really easy to make, and can be made for any holiday or just for fun.
Stained Glass Cookies
- 2 sticks butter (salted or unsalted)
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 Cups all-purpose flour
- cookie cutters
Special Equipment – similar design cookie cutter in smaller size or sharp knife
- Cream butter until smooth, slowly add sugar, mix until smooth. Add eggs and vanilla extract. Mix in flour. Remove dough from bowl, roll into rectangle block and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- When dough is chilled, preheat oven to 350º.
- Roll dough to 3/16 inch thickness. Cut out as many large cookie shapes as possible. Reroll dough until no more can be used. Cut smaller shapes in the center or the larger cookies using smaller cookie cutter or knife. try to make the same shape, and centered.
- Place hard candies in ziploc bags, separated by flavor. Place a towel over the bag, and smash candies with a meat mallet. Place cookies on parchment lined cookie sheets. Fill spaces in the cookies with hard candy pieces.
- Bake 10-15 minutes until cookies are light golden brown and the candy is melted. Move parchment lining and cookies to cooling rack after 2 mins.
I don't know why this is posted in Frostings??