Petit fours are any type of pastry small enough to be eaten in one or two bites. It is common practice that a pastry chef will make smaller versions of larger patisserie. This is a filling to be used with mini-tarts as petit fours. You can use your choice of shortbread dough or use the one provided.
Apricot & Passion Fruit Ganache Tart
- Apricot puree 5 oz.
- Passionfruit puree 3 oz.
- Honey 1 oz.
- Sugar, granulated 3 oz.
- Milk chocolate, finely chopped 5 oz.
- Semi sweet choc. finely chopped 5 oz.
- Butter (unsalted) at room temp. 3 oz.
- Chocolate decorations as needed
- Dried apricots, cut into small 6 each.
- slivers then into 1/4 inch strips
- 1. Roll out the tart dough to 1/8 inch thick (3mm) and cut into circles slightly larger than the mini tart pants to be used.
- 2. Line the dough into the tart pans and dock the bottoms with a fork.
- 3. Bake at 380F (193C) until golden brown; about 15 minutes. Set aside.
- 4 In a NON-CORROSIVE SAUCEPAN (STAINLESS) heat the apricot, passionfruit puree, sugar and honey to 120F (49C).
- 5. Combine both chocolates and melt in a microwave to 90F (32C).
- 6. Pour the apricot mixture into the melted chocolate and stir together with a rubber spatula to make an emulsion.
- 7. Stir in the softened butter.
- 8. Pour the ganache into the pre-baked tart shells; fill until it barely reaches the rim.
- 9. Place the filled mini-tarts into a refrigerator until set.
- 10. Decorate with chocolate decor and a piece of dried apricot.