This is the most delicious, simplest chocolate icing recipe i have ever come across. I made it to ice some yellow cupcakes, and it was devine. Its so good, i ate the leftover icing by itself. You must try it, you’ll fall in love with it, I know i did!
Maida Heatter’s Sour Cream Chocolate Frosting
- -3 squares (3 ounces) unsweetened chocolate (or you can substitute 9 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder & 3 tbsp veg. oil)
- -2 Tablespoons butter
- -3/4 cup sour cream
- -1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- -1/4 teaspoon salt
- -1 pound un-sifted confectioners sugar
- In top of small double boiler over hot water on low heat, melt butter and chocolate together. Stir until smooth and let cool completely.
- NOTE: I place the butter and chocolate in a small bowl and microwave on medium for one minute.
- In small bowl of electric mixer at low speed, beat sour cream, vanilla and salt just to mix. Gradually beat in the sugar, scraping the bowl with a rubber spatula. When smooth, add cooled melted chocolate and beat at high speed for 1/2 a minute or until very smooth