submitted by windoverm
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bon Bons
- 1 stick softened butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1-2 packages of baking candy chocolate
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips to melt and drizzle on top of chilled choc. coated balls.
I have added 2 tablespoons of peanut butter to moisten up dough and to vary the recipe.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix in your sugars with the softened butter. Add in your vanilla, and the chocolate chips. After it’s all mixed up, you can add your flour. Set into freezer for about 10 minutes so it will start to harden.
- Then roll into about 1 inch balls and then place into freezer for at least 15 minutes. While the cookie balls are freezing, melt the candy chocolate in a bowl, but make sure it doesn’t caramelize.
- Then with a fork, drop the cookie balls into the chocolate and cover completely. Remove from the chocolate and place on a piece of wax paper. They should begin to harden as they sit, if not place into freezer.