My mother made this a lot while I was growing up, it was given to her by her mother who got it from her mother. It has been updated somewhere along the lines to include the ingredients as we know it.
Baby Food Carrot Cake
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/4 cups oil
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp iodized salt
- 1 jar applesauce baby food (2.5 oz)
- 2 jar carrot baby food (2.5 oz each jar)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Grease and flour a 9×13 inch pan (or 2- 8″or 9″ round).
- In a medium bowl, stir eggs, sugar, and oil together.
- Then combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- Stir flour mixture into the egg mixture.
- Put in the baby food and mix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan(s).
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- When a toothpick inserted comes out clean it’s done.
- Cool and frost with cream cheese frosting.