This is Wilton newest buttercream icing recipe. this icing is similar to the flavor and has a medium consistency like bakery icing. It is ideal for frosting and borders.
Extra Special Buttercream Icing
- * 2 cups solid vegetable shortening*
- * 2 lbs. confectioners’ sugar (There are 4 cups to a pound)
- * 1/2 tsp. salt
- * 1-2 tsp. clear vanilla or your favorite flavoring
- * 6-8 oz. whipping cream
* Nb. if you want a more buttery taste use 1 cup of crisco and 1 cup of butter or margarine.
- Cream shortening until fluffy. Add sugar and continue creaming until well-blended.
- Add salt, flavoring and whipping cream; blend on low speed until moistened.
- Beat at high speed until icing is fluffy.
- Extra-Special Buttercream icing needs to be refrigerated, both after it is made and when it is placed on a cake. It will keep 3-5 days in the refrigerator.