An easy and delicious cake that is best served the following day.
Chocolate Banana Nut Cake
- 1 Box of Your Favorite Chocolate Cake Mix
- 1/2 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 Cup Coarsley Chopped Walnuts
- 3 Large Eggs
- 3 Medium Very Ripe Bananas (mashed)
- 3/4 Cup 2% Milk
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
Handful of Walnuts Halves
- White Candy Melts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour a large bundt pan (I use the pampered chef stoneware one. It’s the perfect size.) Place walnut halves in bundt pan. Combine all ingedients (minus candy melts) and mix well with a whisk for 1-2 minutes. Pour batter into pan. Bake for about 75 minutes or just until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. I’m using stoneware which takes longer to bake. You might want to begin checking your cake at 60 minutes. Cool for ten minutes and then invert onto serving plate. Cool completely. Melt candy melts in microwave. Drizzle over bundt. Allow to set. Store covered. Best served the next day.