This cheesecake really live up to its name. It is very light and soft. My family and friends like it and hope you do too.
Can view the cake at http://photos.yahoo.com/sbeec
Cotton Soft Japanese Cheesecake
- 140g / 5 ozs fine granulatd sugar
6 egg whites
6 egg yolks
14 tsp cream of tartar
50g / 2 ozs butter
250g / 9 ozs cream cheese
100 ml / 3 fluid ozs fresh milk
1 tbsp lemon juice
60g / 2 ozs cake flour /superfine flour
20g / 1oz cornflour
1/4 tsp salt
- 1.Melt cream cheese, butter and milk over a double boiler. Cool the mixture.Fold in the flours, egg yolks, lemon juice and mix well.
- 2.Whisk egg whites with cream of tartar until foamy.Add in the sugar and whisk until soft peaks form.
- 3.Add the cheese mixture to the egg white mixture and mix well. Pour into a 8 inch round cake pan ( Lightly grease and line the bottom and sides of the pan with greaseproof baking paper or parchment paper.)
- 4. Bake cheesecake in a water bath for 1 hours 10 minutes or until set and golden brown at 160 C (325 F)