This is a great, easy chocolate cake to make!
- 6 squares semi-sweet chocolate
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda 1
- /2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups water
- *Preheat oven to 350°F.
- *Spread Wilton Cake Release on or spray 10 in. pan with
- vegetable pan spray.
- *Microwave chocolate and butter in large microwavable bowl at HIGH 2 minutes or until butter is melted or melt on top of range in heavy saucepan over low heat. Stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- *Stir sugar into melted chocolate mixture until well blended. *With electric mixer at low speed, beat in eggs, one at time, until completely mixed.
- *Add vanilla. Stir in 1/2 cup of the flour, the baking soda and the salt. Beat in remaining flour alternately with water until well blended and smooth.
- *Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until cake tests done. Cool in pan 15 minutes on cooling rack.