A favorite classic dessert, banana pudding combines vanilla pudding with bananas and vanilla wafers for a sweet treat. These cupcakes bring all the nostalgic flavor in a sophisticated dessert.
Recipe for Banana Pudding Cupcakes : I saw the idea on other sites but I put this recipe together myself. It is a banana cake with pudding filling and buttercream icing
- 1 box yellow cake mix (I used Betty Crocker) plus all the ingredients listed to make the cake on the back of the box
- 3 Large Ripe Bananas mashed up
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 to 1 1/4 tsp banana extract flavoring
- 1 package banana cream pudding mix, instant
- 1 package french vanilla pudding mix, instant
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 banana
- Vanilla Wafers
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 cups powder sugar
Mix all cake ingredients and bake cupcakes according to directions on cake mix box
Bake and cool 24-26 cupcakes in liners
Once cool, cut out center of cupcake for filling
Mix pudding according to box instructions and place in piping bag.
Place a slice or 2 of banana in each cupcake center hole.
Fill rest of hole with pudding (I stick the slice of banana in sideways and fill both sides and top of hole with filling).
Cover top of cupcake with vanilla wafer, basically stick wafer on top of cupcake covering filling hole. It will stick to pudding and stay in place.
Make Buttercream. Place in piping bag and pipe swirl on cupcakes. Garnish with a vanilla wafer or slice of banana.