Okay so I had to post this recipe this was something I tried one day that my wife was pregnant and craving some red velvet cake and the Cheesecake Factory was closed so I had to go to the store and buy some stuff to make my wife happy and out of it I got my little princess, who at 6 months is already running things. I hope you guys like it and try it. It comes in real handy around Thanksgiving time.
- 1 lb milk chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 1 9-ounce package chocolate wafers(I use Oreo cookies minus the filling)
- 1 cup of semisweet chocolate pieces
- 1 cup silvered almonds
- 1/2 cup of packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 4 ounce packages of cream cheese, softened
- 1 8 ounce carton of Sour Cream
- 1/3 granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup of buttermilk
- 1 1-ounce bottle of red food coloring (2 tablespoons)
- 4 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
1. In a medium saucepan, combine milk chocolate and 1/2 cup of butter. Cook and stir over low heat until melted; cool
2. Preheat your oven to 350*F
Combine cookies, semisweet chocolate, almonds, and brown sugar in a food processor, cover and process until nuts are finely ground. Add 1/2 cup of melted butter; cover and process again until it’s all combined. Press mixture evenly onto the bottom and 2 1/2 inches up the side of a 10X3 inch springform pan with a removable bottom.
In an extra large bowl, combine melted chocolate mixture, cream cheese, sour cream, granulated sugar, buttermilk, and food coloring. Beat with an electric mixer on medium to high speed until smooth. Add eggs and egg yolks; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour your filling into crust-lined pan, spreading evenly.
3. Place Springform pan in shallow baking pan. Bake in the preheated over about 1 hour until a 2-inch area around the outside edge appears set when shaken gently.
4. Cool in pan on a wire race for 15 minutes. Using small knife, loosen crust from side of pan; cool for 30 minutes. Remove side of pan, then let cheesecake cool completely on rack.
5. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours.
Hello, how many packages of cream cheese?
My guess would be 4 8 ounce packages of cream cheese.