Ingredients for 1 pound: 1 lb + ¼ lb all purpose flour sifted (about 5 cups) 640 g 2 tablespoons of baking powder 4 sticks of butter = 1 lb. (452 g) 2 cups sugar (402 grams) 10 large eggs (5 whole eggs / 5 yolks) 1 cup of milk, or pineapple or orange juice (237 ml) 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract or almond (15 ml) 1 tablespoon of grated lemon zest (optional)
See recipe of: Suspiro (Meringue).
Preparation: See Tips at the End of Illustrations.
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350 F. (175 C).
2. Cream the butter on speed # 2 and add the sugar little by little. Speeds up to # 4 and continue beating for 10 minutes until you get a pale yellow color and creamy texture. This may take about 10 minutes depending on what type of machine you use, I use a 5 quart KitchenAid.
3. Pour the 5 egg yolks one at a time, beat well after each addition, and add the 5 whole eggs in the same way, one at at time. Beat for another 10 minutes.
4. Start to add the mixture of flour and baking powder already sifted together ( see not tip i below) alternating with the mixture of milk and vanilla and ending with flour. Beat only until incorporated well. If you decide to add the lemon zest, this is the time to add it.
5. Pour the mixture into 2 round 11 x 2 (or 10x 2) rounds or 10 x 10 square) baking pans previously greased and lined with wax paper. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes. It’s ready when inserted tooth pick comes out clean. Let cool completely before placing on decorating dish, filling and decorating.
RECIPE BY MARI'SCAKES.BLOGSPOT.COM
I'm dominican and I'll definetly made this cake!!! thanks for the recipe!
This cake is delicious,!111