A splendid twist to the traditional tiramisu!
- 1 1/2 cups hot water
- 3 1/2 teaspoons instant decaffeinated coffee powder
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package fat-free cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 cup SPLENDA® Granular
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 sugar free angel food cake, purchased from bakery
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
1 Dissolve instant coffee in hot water. Chill in refrigerator. Cut angel food cake into 1 cubes. Set aside.
2 Combine mascarpone and cream cheese in mixing bowl. Beat until smooth. Add 2 tablespoons coffee, dark brown sugar, SPLENDA and vanilla. Mix well. Set aside.
3 Pour cold coffee into shallow 9X13 inch pan. Quickly dip half of angel food cake pieces into coffee, and then place in medium glass serving bowl. Spread half of cheese mixture on top. Sprinkle with 1 tsp cocoa powder. Repeat with remaining angel food cake, cheese mixture, and cocoa. Cover and chill for three hours or overnight before serving.