A delicious, easy pudding cake, wonderful served warm with a spoonful of whipped cream. Try mint chocolate chips for a change.
Chocolate Pudding Cake III
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups hot water
1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2 In an 8×8 inch square pan, stir together the flour, white sugar, 1/4 cup of cocoa, baking powder and salt. Add milk and oil, mix well. Sprinkle brown sugar, remaining cocoa and chocolate chips over the mixture. Add the vanilla to the hot water, then pour the water over the top.
3 Bake for 30 to 35 minutes in the preheated oven, until the surface appears dry. Serve warm with a spoon or at room temperature.