This layered dessert, inspired by an English classic, is a medley of cookies, fresh fruit and a creamy, custard-like filling.
Chocolate Chip Trifle
- 1 (18 ounce) package NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Refrigerated Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- 2 cups fat free milk
- 2 (3.4 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 (12 ounce) containers frozen non-dairy whipped topping
- 1 1/2 quarts sliced fresh strawberries
- Fresh mint leaves (optional)
- Fresh strawberries or raspberries (optional)
1 PREHEAT oven to 375 degrees F.
2 CUT cookie dough in half lengthwise and then in half again lengthwise, for a total of 4 pieces. Cut cookie dough into 2 1/2-inch logs, ending with 16. Place on ungreased baking sheets.
3 BAKE for 11 to 13 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 1 minute; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
4 BEAT milk and pudding mix in large bowl until blended. Fold whipped topping into mixture. Crumble 6 cookies. Sprinkle 3/4 of crumbled cookies on bottom of deep 10-inch glass serving dish. Top with 1/3 of pudding mixture. Place strawberries over pudding. Stand remaining 10 cookies, face side out, along the inside of dish. Place remaining pudding mixture over strawberries. Top with remaining crushed cookies. Cover; refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Garnish with mint leaves and strawberries.