I love Hot Apple Cider. I thought it would be neat to make a cupcake that taste like it. Enjoy!
- Apple/Vanilla cake Ingredients:
- 9 eggs
- ¼ pound butter
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 ½ tsp. Pure clear vanilla extract
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1 ½ tsp. Baking powder
- ¾ tsp. Baking soda
- ½ tsp. Salt
- cooked apple mixture(recipe below)
- 1 ½ cups buttermilk or Whole milk
- Pre-heat oven to 350*. Place paper cups in cupcake pan.
- Carefully seperate eggs, making sure not to get any yolk in the whites. Place the whites aside at room temperature to be beaten later.
- Cream butter and sugar together. Beat in the egg yolks, add the vanilla, and set aside. Sift together the cake flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Beat the egg whites until they are fluffy in seperate bowl until they hold peaks. Mix the dry ingredients and buttermilk alternating into the egg and butter mixture. Do not overbeat. Stir in cooked apple mixture. Then gently fold in the egg whites.
- Fill paper cups ¾ way up with mixture. Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Place cupcakes on wire rack to cool completely.
Cooked apples Ingredients:
- 6 medium cooking apples, cored and cut in to bite size pieces
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ tsp. Nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. Cinnamon
- 1 stick butter
- 1 tsp. Constarch (optional)
- In pan, add butter cook on medium to low heat until melted. Add apples, sugar, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Cover and cook mixture until apples are done, with a little crunch when tested. And sugar mixture has thickened. If not thickened to your disire, add 1 tsp. Of cornstarch to the mixture, mix and let thicken. Take off of burner and cool completely.
Apple Cider Mousse Ingredients:
- 1 pkg. Hot apple cider mix
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup confectionary sugar (optional)
- In bowl, whip heavy cream, adding apple cider mix a little at a time until soft peaks are formed. Taste. If not sweet enough add enough sugar. Mix. Don’t over mix. When cupcakes are cooled, fill.
Cinnamon cool whip cream Ingredients:
- 2-cup heavy cream
- ½ cup confectionary sugar
- 1 ½ tsp. cinnamon
- In mixing bowl, whip heavy cream, adding sugar and cinnamon a little at a time until soft peaks are formed in whip cream. Ice filled cupcakes.
Sprinkle diced dried apple on top. (optional)
These sound amazing! I may have to try after I pick apples off my neighbors tree!
Can you tell me the measurement for the cooked apples, pleas?