I invented this recipe and entered it into a contest held at my college. The texture is light as a cloud, though it is quite rich. It is prepared with the convenience of a microwave!
Swirled Pumpkin and Cream Cheese Cheesecake
- 1 1/2 cups gingersnap cookie crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 24 large marshmallows
- 1/2 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 3 caramels
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2 Prepare the crust by combining the cookie crumbs and margarine. Press into a 9 inch pie plate and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 10 minutes.
3 Prepare the filling in a microwave safe bowl by combining the marshmallows, milk and pumpkin. Cook on medium heat and stir until all marhmallows are melted and mixture is smooth.
4 Beat in cream cheese, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, salt and vanilla; fold in 1/2 container whipped topping.
5 Melt caramel in microwave and drizzle 2 tablespoons over crust. Pour filling into crust and top with remaining whipped topping, pecans and any remaining cookie crumbs. Drizzle remaining caramel over top. Refridgerate for 8 hours or until chilled.