Need An Idea For A 9Th Wedding Anniversary Cake

Decorating By charman Updated 8 Feb 2007 , 3:56pm by mendhigurl

charman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
charman Posted 7 Feb 2007 , 8:27pm
post #1 of 5

I know that poppies are the flower, tiger eye is the gem, willow pottery is the traditional, and leather is the modern.

I have been asked to do a 9th wedding anniversary cake, and I can do anything I want, but I am stumped! Does anyone have any ideas. I looked in the gallery, but that just got a little overwhelming.

Please help!
Carrie

4 replies
mendhigurl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mendhigurl Posted 7 Feb 2007 , 9:05pm
post #2 of 5

I was came up with two things...

A heart with scroll work (white on white or red on white) all over it and then two or three gumpaste (if you have time/if they are paying you) or silk poppies sitting on top that says Happy 9th Anniversary.

OR

A small two tiered round cake with icing poppies up the sides, and then a chocolate tranfer that says H. 9th A. sticking up from the top like a wedding topper.

kdbrumbach Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kdbrumbach Posted 7 Feb 2007 , 9:07pm
post #3 of 5

how about something about "Cloud 9"

charman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
charman Posted 7 Feb 2007 , 9:10pm
post #4 of 5

anyone know how to do icing POPPIES?

Would it look dumb to do a stacked tier cake, but single layer...like 6" single layer on 8" single layer. They only want for about 10-15 people.

mendhigurl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mendhigurl Posted 8 Feb 2007 , 3:56pm
post #5 of 5

Can't help you much with the icing poppies, I would probably do red fan shapes with stems, and then a few open ones with black insides. If you look at some pics on google, you can get a good idea of what they look like...

I don't think you should do a single layer tiered cake. It will look like you just took a shortcut. I would go ahead and make an 8x6 normal tiered cake, that way they have some to take home. It always looks better to give extra cake then not enough.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%