$$ Charge For Cars Cake Pan

Decorating By SugarBakerz Updated 7 Feb 2007 , 4:21pm by LvMy4Runner

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 7 Feb 2007 , 12:42am
post #1 of 9

I was just wondering how much one would charge for the lightening mcqueen cars pan, decorated as shown on the insert with the pan? Also how many it would feed?

8 replies
LvMy4Runner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LvMy4Runner Posted 7 Feb 2007 , 12:54am
post #2 of 9

I charged $50 for the one I did for a friend. You can see a picture of it under my profile. I'd say it probaby feeds 20 - 25 people depending on how big you cut the pieces.

cocakedecorator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocakedecorator Posted 7 Feb 2007 , 12:57am
post #3 of 9

Well I wouldn't recommend charging for it since it is a licensed character pan. But that is up to you. icon_wink.gif Servings are 12 according to the wilton yearbook that has the cake pictured. HTH

SugarBakerz Posted 7 Feb 2007 , 1:39am
post #4 of 9

Well that is why I asked... i don't receive monetary compensation for my cakes... but my friend wants this for her son and is wanting to trade baby-sitting hours for the amount one would charge.... so I was just trying to come up with an idea.. thanks for all the help~!

LvMy4Runner Posted 7 Feb 2007 , 2:30am
post #5 of 9

Yes, the only reason I took the $50 from my friend was to cover my expenses... I bought the pan plus all the ingredients and other supplies / gas... definitely didn't make a profit... more a reimbursement.

hrm... 12 seems low, but maybe I cut the pieces small.

JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 7 Feb 2007 , 6:27am
post #6 of 9

Trading money or bartering is the same as selling a licensed character. It is breaking the law.

It can be very expensive, if you get caught. (or turned in). As long as you don't anger anyone, the risk is fairly low.

SugarBakerz Posted 7 Feb 2007 , 2:07pm
post #7 of 9

well a friendly free cake it is... I will just tell her thanks, but I would rather not. thanks for th advice.

Sugarbunz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarbunz Posted 7 Feb 2007 , 3:03pm
post #8 of 9

So someone buys you the ingredients to make the cake and that would be illegal? Or you buy the ingredients and give them the reciept and they reimburse you. I don't understand how reimbursement is the same is payment. If I make a cake for a friend that is a licensed character, I'll do it for free, but I'll expect she pays for the materials. If it means I send her to the store with a list, so be it. I'm genuinely curious. Would that be considered trading or bartering?

LvMy4Runner Posted 7 Feb 2007 , 4:21pm
post #9 of 9

I am curious as well. Such as in my case... It was for a friend for private use and they reimbursed me my expenses.

I could see if I was a store selling licensed images... that being illegal unless you paid royalties I guess.

Thanks all!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%