Help, I Am In A Bind!

Baking By Keliames Updated 26 Oct 2005 , 3:03pm by cakegal

Keliames Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Keliames Posted 26 Oct 2005 , 2:39am
post #1 of 5

I am in a little bit of a bind, and I need some help. I am doing a baby shower cake for a customer who was at a past baby shower and loved the cake I made. More specifically the frosting. She has told me how much she loved it every time I have seen her. The problem is that the frosting I used on the cake was a crisco buttercream with dream whipp add to it. Only, I had nothing but problems with that frosting. It was great untill I add the dream whipp, then it went really soft, and kind of soupy. I had decorations slidding off the cake. I had to keep it in the refrigerator untill right before it need to be cut. It taste great, and is a lighter frosting. She wants this frosting......what should I do???? Does anyone have any suggestions? Did I do something wrong with the dream whipp? Please help! TIA Keli

4 replies
becca0926 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
becca0926 Posted 26 Oct 2005 , 2:50am
post #2 of 5

I've never used the dream whip but thought you'd like to know there is another post about it , just today in general.

Keliames Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Keliames Posted 26 Oct 2005 , 3:31am
post #3 of 5

Thanks I say that one too, I was just hoping to get a quicker response to this one. Thanks. Keli

SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 26 Oct 2005 , 3:43am
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keliames

Thanks I say that one too, I was just hoping to get a quicker response to this one. Thanks. Keli

Sent you a Pm.
hugs Squirrelly Cakes

cakegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegal Posted 26 Oct 2005 , 3:03pm
post #5 of 5

I tried it too, and it got really soft.... got nice when i put it in the refridgerator, but softened up really fast when I took it out...
How do they get the dream whip icing to crust????

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%