Can Anyone Help With Instructions Of M&m Cake?

Decorating By Sads Updated 7 Feb 2007 , 6:48pm by nautkl1

Sads Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sads Posted 6 Feb 2007 , 6:14am
post #1 of 12

Working on next project for nephew's birthday. Can someone help me with the instructions for M&M cake please? I think, I have an idea of how to, but not sure. Thanks in advance for the help.

11 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 6 Feb 2007 , 7:30am
post #2 of 12

Can you be a little more specific.

Do you want the cake to look like an M&M or decorate with M&M's.

Were you thinking sheet cake or round, or tiered...

irisinbloom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
irisinbloom Posted 6 Feb 2007 , 12:42pm
post #3 of 12

Sads, good luck, I have a customer wanting a Birthday cake and she wants the M&Ms racecar. I was going to do a bct but can't find an imageicon_smile.gif

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 6 Feb 2007 , 3:03pm
post #4 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by irisinbloom

Sads, good luck, I have a customer wanting a Birthday cake and she wants the M&Ms racecar. I was going to do a bct but can't find an imageicon_smile.gif

Here's an M&M's racecar I did a few years ago. The cake is just shy of 3 feet long and completely covered with M&M's. I used both regular sized and minis. The icing underneath was the same color as the M&M's so gaps would not be as noticeable. You can get custom colored M&M's in candy stores.
LL

Sads Posted 6 Feb 2007 , 3:51pm
post #5 of 12

I am trying to make a cake that looks like the M&M in the gallery.
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&meta=favpics&cat=0&pos=-75352

nefgaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nefgaby Posted 6 Feb 2007 , 4:20pm
post #6 of 12

I would love to know as well, I have a M&M cake due in April and for some reason everytime and do a "search" for the word M&M I just get a whole lot of other things and NO M&M cakes!! Anyway, what a cool cake Sads, maybe try PMing the person who made it?

CakesByEllen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByEllen Posted 6 Feb 2007 , 5:07pm
post #7 of 12

I made an M&M Cake. They wanted a chocolate cake, so I did a chocolate M&M. I made the letter M out of fondant, as well as the arms and legs. I just molded them and stuck them in the cake. It was easier than I thought. for the face, I did a gel transfer, then piped it with regular icing (smoothing it down with a finger dipped in cornstarch). The cake was also buttercream (client doesn't like fondant).

It's not as nice as the one you mentioned, but it wasn't that hard either.

I used the wilton contour pan.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&meta=allby&uname=CakesByEllen&cat=0&pos=6

irisinbloom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
irisinbloom Posted 6 Feb 2007 , 5:32pm
post #8 of 12

WOW Diane your cake is AWESOME, I bet that was a lot of work and a lot of cake. Thanksicon_smile.gif

chaniliz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chaniliz Posted 6 Feb 2007 , 5:59pm
post #9 of 12

Hi Sads
I found the articule with the instructions that cake was made by PSLCakelady. this is the link and hope it works.
http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-950861.html#950861

Well I can put a link on, sorry can't figure that one out yet.
Lizzie

mysonshines Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mysonshines Posted 6 Feb 2007 , 6:17pm
post #10 of 12

OMG Diane, that cake is incredible!

Sads Posted 6 Feb 2007 , 6:44pm
post #11 of 12

Thanks Chaniliz for helping me find this cake. I appreciate your and effort. and when I make this cake I'll post it for your to see. Thanks again.! icon_biggrin.gif

nautkl1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nautkl1 Posted 7 Feb 2007 , 6:48pm
post #12 of 12

I made M & M's for my friends twins first birthday - (see my photos) - use the ball pan! Very easy!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%