Update ...what Have I Done 24Th Jan

Decorating By torki Updated 6 Feb 2007 , 12:13am by torki

torki Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
torki Posted 6 Feb 2007 , 12:03am
post #1 of 4

Well I didn't hear from this customer....she obviously didn't like the idea of paying for what she wanted!! I had made and frozen a cake in case she decided to go ahead with her order, so I decided to use it to practice with some buttercream icing.... With cake happily defrosting, DD away on business, baby in bed, big kids doing their thing, I was eagerly planning a blissful evening of buttercream and decorating, then the phone rang.....It was the dreaded customer... she wanted to know if I could drop her cake off at work tomorrow at 8am instead of 4pm...nooo..had I missed something like the " hey I would love you to make a cake and I will pay for it!!!!". I reminded her she hadn't called back, paid the deposit or arranged for a cake.... so no cake..sorry !! Then came the sob story...its a present, what can she do blah blah... I told her to go to the grocery store...they have "nice cakes" icon_lol.gif By the 4th ph call and customer can't find a cake and is in tears... I stupidly back down icon_redface.gif ok ok you can have a cake...but it will be $100! She agrees, but wants the cake at 10am... oh no!! by this stage its now only crumb coated and I have just cut out some practice calla lilies. Well I set off to ice this cake and make some lilies ..or something..... after a very long(all) night I finish.It is a complete mess, hopefully she wont ask a gain!!! thank god my baby sleeps late ....I can get in a couple hrs sleep. 10am I deliver cake ..customers a no show......well no sleep= cranky... so I speak to the mgr on duty and tell her who the cake is for and how much...so she pays me out of the till..... I attach a quick note to cake saying..... thank you for your business but unfortunately I can no longer make you any more cakes.. enjoy your cake ... customer gone!!! yippee.... time for a sleep!!

3 replies
chaptlps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chaptlps Posted 6 Feb 2007 , 12:07am
post #2 of 4

Well, at least ya got paid for the cake if not the headache attached to it. Do these people think we have magical powers or something? sheesh!!!!!
Customer is happy too cause she didn't have to pay for it (sheesh some people) O well, alls well that ends well I reckon.

UGoCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
UGoCakes Posted 6 Feb 2007 , 12:07am
post #3 of 4

NO WAY!! the nerve of that lady!

torki Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
torki Posted 6 Feb 2007 , 12:13am
post #4 of 4

I need "NO CAKE FOR YOU" sign stapled to my forehead lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%