Attention Michael's Shoppers

Decorating By Janette Updated 9 Feb 2007 , 6:00am by VACakelady

Janette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Janette Posted 5 Feb 2007 , 6:20pm
post #1 of 33

I was at Michael's this morning and they had the Wilton 17" scroolwork stand that was 79.99 on clearance for 39.99 they let me use my 40% off coupon so I got the stand for 23.99. Not bad $56 off

Thought I'd share

32 replies
Bradymom6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bradymom6 Posted 5 Feb 2007 , 6:24pm
post #2 of 33

Janette,
Thanks so much for the info. I will go and check it out at my local Michael's.
Bradymom

Firstlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Firstlady Posted 5 Feb 2007 , 6:25pm
post #3 of 33

I did the same thing on Friday. I was keeping my eye on this item to see if they would mark it down some more but since December it was at that $39.99 price. I love it when I get items for almost free! LOL

rhopar33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rhopar33 Posted 5 Feb 2007 , 6:26pm
post #4 of 33

Yep, I picked up one on Saturday.

cakenutz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakenutz Posted 5 Feb 2007 , 6:27pm
post #5 of 33

Hobby LObby has some stands marked down I got a $59.00 for $20.00 just thought I'd let you know icon_rolleyes.gif

ChrisJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChrisJ Posted 5 Feb 2007 , 6:28pm
post #6 of 33

Wow! What a deal! They let you use your coupon for a clearance item? The Michael's here doesn't let you do that icon_sad.gif

jmt1714 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jmt1714 Posted 5 Feb 2007 , 6:30pm
post #7 of 33

here either. good deal for you, but no one should count on being able to use the coupon.

tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 5 Feb 2007 , 6:31pm
post #8 of 33

Thanks for the tip

noreen816 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noreen816 Posted 5 Feb 2007 , 6:34pm
post #9 of 33

thanks for the tip! I think I'll need to stop over at Michael's tomorrow during my lunch break

StandingForJesus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
StandingForJesus Posted 5 Feb 2007 , 6:51pm
post #10 of 33

Same here, got the 9" stand that's originally $44.99 for $15.29 and the 13" stand that's originally $59.99 for $15.29 at Hobby Lobby. Wilton must be deleting these stands for everyone to be marking them down this much.

Ellie

MommyBunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MommyBunny Posted 5 Feb 2007 , 7:53pm
post #11 of 33

I haven't seen this and I was just at Hobby Lobby...what do they look like?

Patricia

juledcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
juledcakes Posted 5 Feb 2007 , 7:57pm
post #12 of 33

YIPEE I JUST WENT AND BOUGHT THE 17" STAND AND I GOT MY SHIPMENT OF LUSTER AND PEARL DUST. I LOVE GETTING NEW CAKE STUFF. icon_biggrin.gif

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 5 Feb 2007 , 8:50pm
post #13 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisJ

Wow! What a deal! They let you use your coupon for a clearance item? The Michael's here doesn't let you do that icon_sad.gif

The coupon says you can't use it on sale items, but once a item is clearanced, the price is changed in the computer, so it shows up as a regular priced item and not a sale item. If they scan the coupon it will take it off the highest priced item, even if that is a clearance item.

I know I get my store discount with clearance stuff because it rings up as that is it's 'normal' price.

Marksgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marksgirl Posted 5 Feb 2007 , 9:12pm
post #14 of 33

Couple of weeks ago in Michaels I got the 13" on sale fo 19.00 got to use my 40% coupon. I paid $11.40.

SweetTreatsbyCarol Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetTreatsbyCarol Posted 5 Feb 2007 , 10:17pm
post #15 of 33

I got 3 of them back in the summer when they were on clearance, while I was still an employee at Michael's. I used a coupon (might have been 50% off that week) and paid just $16 & some change for each of them. I was soooo excited. I haven't had the opportunity to use them yet but just couldn't pass up the deal--I bought all that we had at the time.

ChrisJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChrisJ Posted 5 Feb 2007 , 10:22pm
post #16 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSugar

Quote:

The coupon says you can't use it on sale items, but once a item is clearanced, the price is changed in the computer, so it shows up as a regular priced item and not a sale item. If they scan the coupon it will take it off the highest priced item, even if that is a clearance item.

I know I get my store discount with clearance stuff because it rings up as that is it's 'normal' price.

Thank you for the info! I'll remember that next time I'm shopping!

Janette Posted 5 Feb 2007 , 11:20pm
post #17 of 33

Texas is right. The cashier was suprised. I told her that I wanted to use my 40%coupon for another item and the register took it off the stand. I'll have to remember that.

I didn't know that there were other stands clearing I would have driven to another Michael's that I know of, even without the coupon it's a deal.

NikkiDoc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NikkiDoc Posted 5 Feb 2007 , 11:31pm
post #18 of 33

guess i'm going to michaels!

Janette Posted 6 Feb 2007 , 4:04pm
post #19 of 33

I'm bumping this for the CC members who missed last night.

Cake_Geek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Geek Posted 7 Feb 2007 , 1:11pm
post #20 of 33

I didn't see this when I was in Michael's yesterday. I did see they clearanced all the choc fountains they had down to $50. I was contemplating buying a couple to put on ebay. icon_smile.gif

2xMiMi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2xMiMi Posted 7 Feb 2007 , 1:22pm
post #21 of 33

I stopped by Michael's last night and saw the stand but it wasn't on sale or clearance. Maybe it is different stores trying to get rid of their stock. icon_cry.gif

Janette Posted 7 Feb 2007 , 3:38pm
post #22 of 33

2x keep looking when you're there

2xMiMi Posted 8 Feb 2007 , 1:14am
post #23 of 33

Will definately keep watching.

Thanks icon_smile.gif

Baysmeme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Baysmeme Posted 8 Feb 2007 , 1:22am
post #24 of 33

Where do you get the 40% off coupons? Are they in the newspaper?

Janette Posted 8 Feb 2007 , 5:07am
post #25 of 33

Yea, I think every other week. I have class tomorrow I'm going to ask then.

nglez09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nglez09 Posted 8 Feb 2007 , 5:16am
post #26 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSugar

Quote:

Thanks for the info texassugar! I NEVER KNEW THAT! Do you guys think it's for every Michaels?

2xMiMi Posted 8 Feb 2007 , 1:03pm
post #27 of 33

I have never tried to use the coupon on anything sale or clearance since it says regular price. I will definately keep an eye on these type items and try it the next time. I hope it turns out to be true every where. icon_cool.gif

debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 8 Feb 2007 , 1:11pm
post #28 of 33

I'll have to try that on clearance thanks for the heads up. I buy lots of stuff there for 40% off

kellyh57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellyh57 Posted 9 Feb 2007 , 5:13am
post #29 of 33

Another thing about clearance items, its only marked down like TexasSugar said when the item is discontinued completely. Seasonal stuff rings up like it's on sale since it may be back next year. Just don't want anyone going in and thinking they can get a clearanced Christmas Tree another 40% off or anything icon_smile.gif

Also, I think all stores change the prices at the same time. I think it's done automatically, it just may not be marked yet. I may be wrong, but I know a lot of things ring up as clearanced before the pricing person gets it marked. If you see the item that someone else said was clearanced, you can always ask them to check the price on it.

Kelly

nglez09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nglez09 Posted 9 Feb 2007 , 5:26am
post #30 of 33

Thanks for the info Kelly.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%