Spiderman Cake Finished!

Decorating By Lisa Updated 4 May 2005 , 5:03am by Lisa

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 26 Apr 2005 , 11:28pm
post #31 of 40

Hey, i can't see the pictures either...just x's??? Anyone know why?

Chrystal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chrystal Posted 26 Apr 2005 , 11:49pm
post #32 of 40

i saw in the pics you have made a chinese take out box... im doing a cake for my fiancee kinda like a funny cake cause hes from taiwan... so for his bachelor party i wanna do a take out box.... any suggestions would be greatly appreciated... i don't even know where to start!!!

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 27 Apr 2005 , 1:45am
post #33 of 40

I am so sorry everyone! I was hosting the pics at villiage photos but they were causing me to exceed my bandwidth limits and then my account was being shut down 24 hours at a time so I moved the pics to photobucket which doesn't have any limits. That's why they're not showing. I should have made a note on this thread earlier. I apologize!

You can find the pics here...

http://frostingfun.blogspot.com/

Lisa Posted 27 Apr 2005 , 1:46am
post #34 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cakes

Hi Lisa! Your pictures are beautiful. I love them all. You do such a beautiful job on your cakes. I love the airbrush method; maybe one day, I will have the opportunity to learn how to use one.

Thanks so much 2cakes! Yes...the airbrush is wonderful. I'm still learning how to use it.

Lisa Posted 27 Apr 2005 , 2:02am
post #35 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrystal

i saw in the pics you have made a chinese take out box... im doing a cake for my fiancee kinda like a funny cake cause hes from taiwan... so for his bachelor party i wanna do a take out box.... any suggestions would be greatly appreciated... i don't even know where to start!!!

I stacked 3 layers or frozen cake that I had cut into squares from a sheet cake. You can cut them any size depending on how big/small you want the cake to be. Then I just shaved the sides at a slight angle. The chinese art on the box is done with edible images but I don't think it would be hard to do as a piping gel trasfer. The handle is from a basket I had. The cookies are regular fortune cookies and the message I made on the computer. Here are the graphics and the pattern to give you an idea of the shape. You could also use the pattern to make a fondant box.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y120/frostingfun/1797bf1a.bmp

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y120/frostingfun/0712f889.bmp

Lisa Posted 27 Apr 2005 , 2:57am
post #36 of 40

I don't know why photobucket resized those pics to be so small. If you need the full size versions, just let me know and I can email them to you.

Lisa Posted 27 Apr 2005 , 3:06am
post #37 of 40
ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 4 May 2005 , 1:24am
post #38 of 40

Is it just me or does the photos on this post not load correctly? I've tried from work and I've tried from home and I can't get them to load. I've always tried refreshing the screen and that hasn't worked either. I'm planning to make this cake for Friday and really wanted to see the pictures so I'd know exactly how to do it .. icon_sad.gif help!

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 4 May 2005 , 1:35am
post #39 of 40

duh.. so sorry!! I read further down in the postings and realized they'd been moved!! I found it .. so sorry if I caused any kinda inconvenience.

Lisa Posted 4 May 2005 , 5:03am
post #40 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntertayneme

duh.. so sorry!! I read further down in the postings and realized they'd been moved!! I found it .. so sorry if I caused any kinda inconvenience.

No...that's my fault. So sorry. The pics and instructions are here.

http://frostingfun.blogspot.com/

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%