Dirt Bike Cake

Decorating By Keliames Updated 28 Oct 2005 , 9:00pm by kerririchards

Keliames Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Keliames Posted 21 Oct 2005 , 6:01pm
post #1 of 8

I need help! I have a customer that wants a brithday cake for her husband. He races dirt bikes and she wants that incorporated into the cake. I need some suggestions fast! Thank you. Keli

7 replies
SUGARMAMA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SUGARMAMA Posted 21 Oct 2005 , 6:09pm
post #2 of 8

what about using the mini ball pans to make "dirt mounds" and crumbled choc cake for the dirt on the ground. maybe finding some small motorcycle pieces to put on the cake.

just an idea...........

bigboots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bigboots Posted 22 Oct 2005 , 2:48am
post #3 of 8

I found these pictures on google
Hope this helps

Bigboots
LL
LL

Keliames Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Keliames Posted 22 Oct 2005 , 1:59pm
post #4 of 8

Thanks for the pictures. That atleast will give me somthing to work off of.

thyterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thyterrell Posted 22 Oct 2005 , 2:10pm
post #5 of 8

I have a picture too, but can't seem to figure out how to get it on here. It's just a sheet cake, but winding from the top left corner to the bottom right is the "dirt track" done in chocolate buttercream. The jumps are made of 2 jumbo marshmallows covered in the choc. b/c. The hay bales are made from shredded wheat cereal. The rest of the top is done in regular b/c tinted green. There are tufts of green "grass" on the top as well as the top border.

thyterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thyterrell Posted 22 Oct 2005 , 2:15pm
post #6 of 8

I'm going to try this one more time. If it doesn't attach, I give up! Maybe I can email it to you.
LL

MelC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MelC Posted 25 Oct 2005 , 6:28pm
post #7 of 8

This is one I did a few months ago...
LL

kerririchards Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kerririchards Posted 28 Oct 2005 , 9:00pm
post #8 of 8

This is a dirt bike cake I did last year. I, too, was stressing over this cake. I mean, a dirt bike? I much prefer flowers and "pretty cakes". But my customer absolutely LOVED it. She actually found the picture of the bike and it looked almost exactly like her brother's bike - she couldn't ask him for a picture since the cake was for his birthday.

http://www.ronkerri.com/kerriscakes/images/birthday/DSCN2535w.jpg

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%