Please Tell Me If You Think This Sounds Good

Baking By midwestmom Updated 22 Mar 2005 , 1:45pm by thecakemaker

midwestmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
midwestmom Posted 11 Mar 2005 , 8:31pm
post #1 of 9

Okay, I just got home from Walmart. I bought a Milk Chocolate cake mix. I got 2 Wilton 9" pans. When I make the choc. cake mix I want to dr. it up a little. From what I've read here I can add some sour cream & use milk instead of butter. I bought some choc. pudding cups that I'd like to put in between the two layers. Do you think that will work okay??? For those that have used pudding cups, how many do you think? I also want to frost it with the Peanut Butter frosting recipe that Jackie just posted. Does all this sound okay??????? I want to get started on it right away so please let me know what you think. Any suggestions? Also, any ideas for decorating it? I also bought the Wilton Year book so I'm flipping through that right now. Thanks everyone!!

8 replies
thecakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakemaker Posted 11 Mar 2005 , 8:35pm
post #2 of 9

chocolate and peanut butter always go great together!

Debbie

midwestmom Posted 11 Mar 2005 , 8:39pm
post #3 of 9

oops, meant to say use milk instead of water.

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 11 Mar 2005 , 8:45pm
post #4 of 9

That 's sounds yummy. I would guess you would need at least 3 pudding cups. If you haven't tried this I bet the basketweave would look really nice on the sides with some flowers on the top.

mochaboi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mochaboi Posted 11 Mar 2005 , 9:07pm
post #5 of 9

I am in Wilton Course I, and funny thing, we talked about the pudding cups in our last class. My Instructor said they work well, so long as you don't use the ones that are in the refridgerated section. Use the ones that come off the shelf.

midwestmom Posted 16 Mar 2005 , 5:31am
post #6 of 9

Okay, I made a milk choc. cake from a box, I added a spoonful of sour cream & used milk instead of water. I lowered the temp on the oven 25 degrees. I made 2 9" rounds & I put 3 choc. pudding cups in the middle. I used the peanut butter frosting posted in another message & it was DELICIOUS!! icon_smile.gif

blessBeckysbaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blessBeckysbaking Posted 22 Mar 2005 , 10:19am
post #7 of 9

Midwestmom did you use the wal-mart brand of cake mix or name brand
i love shopng at wal-mart and have wonder can you dr. up their brand cake mixes seeing they are only $.75 Thinking just stick to my betty crocker mixes!

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 22 Mar 2005 , 12:26pm
post #8 of 9

I understand that any cake mix will work for doctoring up.... and just a bit of info. shhh.gif .. walmart brand mix is made by another cake mix maker, but Walmart doesnt have to pay to use that name and neither do the consumers.. I used to work for Sams club and my mom works for walmart part time and the claims departments call name brand company for returns for credit/returns. thumbs_up.gif

thecakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakemaker Posted 22 Mar 2005 , 1:45pm
post #9 of 9

That sounds very yummy!

That's good to know about the WalMart cake mixes. I'll have to try them out!

Debbie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%