Where's The Coupon????

Lounge By strawberry0121 Updated 8 Feb 2007 , 6:21pm by heather2780

strawberry0121 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
strawberry0121 Posted 5 Feb 2007 , 12:45am
post #1 of 28

I got the Washington Post today to get the Michael's coupon, but I can't find it! Does anyone know where it is??

27 replies
MomLittr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MomLittr Posted 5 Feb 2007 , 12:49am
post #2 of 28

Michael's has been very chinzy with their coupons lately - not a weekly thing like either Rag Shop or AC Moore. One would think that since they take competitors coupons, and someone like me uses them all the time, they would give their customers more coupons, or even internet coupons like I get from the othe two stores!

strawberry0121 Posted 5 Feb 2007 , 12:50am
post #3 of 28

I read that there was a coupon today.

Granpam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Granpam Posted 5 Feb 2007 , 12:53am
post #4 of 28

I have a flyer with a coupon in my paper today.

nefgaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nefgaby Posted 5 Feb 2007 , 12:53am
post #5 of 28

YES, DH is in VA, (VA Beach area) and got the paper today and he saved me the coupon, it was the Virginia Pilot. And I´m in FL and also got a coupon on todays paper. HTH and good luck!

KonfectionKonnection Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KonfectionKonnection Posted 5 Feb 2007 , 12:54am
post #6 of 28

Hobby Lobby had a coupon in today's paper--but no more Michael's coupons here. Ours closed! icon_cry.gif

beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 5 Feb 2007 , 12:55am
post #7 of 28

I got a 40% off coupon in today's flier.

mawruddle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mawruddle Posted 5 Feb 2007 , 12:57am
post #8 of 28

I got the Washington post today and the coupon was right with all the advertisements inside the plastic like always. Maybe you just overlooked it. icon_biggrin.gif

strawberry0121 Posted 5 Feb 2007 , 1:03am
post #9 of 28

I don't see it! I bet we have different ads. this freaking sucks!!! I was totally counting on that coupon. I got $ for my birthday and wanted to stretch it by using the coupon. Is there anywhere else I can look? Do they have them online?

KonfectionKonnection Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KonfectionKonnection Posted 5 Feb 2007 , 1:05am
post #10 of 28

Michael's doesn't put their coupons on-line, but I've been told that at some of their stores you can "sign" for a coupon discount. They take down your name and address, so that you can only do it once the week they have the coupon run. I don't know if all of their stores do this, or just some of them--but it might be worth checking out. Good luck! thumbs_up.gif

nefgaby Posted 5 Feb 2007 , 1:07am
post #11 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberry0121

I don't see it! I bet we have different ads. this freaking sucks!!! I was totally counting on that coupon. I got $ for my birthday and wanted to stretch it by using the coupon. Is there anywhere else I can look? Do they have them online?

I would go to a gas station (ok, send DH) and get a new paper, maybe you were the "lucky" one whos paper was missing the coupon...

cocorum21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocorum21 Posted 5 Feb 2007 , 1:51am
post #12 of 28

I bought two papers today and no coupon icon_confused.gif . I travel 75 miles south to visit a friend and bought another paper and there was a coupon. So I took my $3 coupon to ACMoore icon_cool.gif

Lejla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lejla Posted 5 Feb 2007 , 2:00am
post #13 of 28

Today I stoped at AC moore and got a two 50% coupons from them.One for tuesday and one for wednesday.Maybe If you guys stop there you may get them ,too.I don't know if all AC Morre stores do it or if it was just one in my area.Guess what Im going to be doing this two days,lol.

strawberry0121 Posted 5 Feb 2007 , 3:04am
post #14 of 28

Very disappointing. I think I'll call Michael's tomorrow. The only gas station is closed for superbowl, Michael's is 45 mintues away and our only decent cake supply source in the area. I'm kinda in the boonies. What a bummer. I have only ever even heard of AC Moore from this site. I have never even seen one before.

shadowgypsie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shadowgypsie Posted 5 Feb 2007 , 2:26pm
post #15 of 28

I work for Michaels and there were coupons in this weeks papers.

Contact your local news Paper because they may have forgot to insert them.

We seem to Have the problem with our Large News Paper Company Putting the ads in the paper on the wrong week or they forget them all together.

2xMiMi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2xMiMi Posted 5 Feb 2007 , 2:32pm
post #16 of 28

There was a insert in my paper for Michael's with the coupon in it. Hopefully you can get one. If you have a Hobby Lobby there is also a 40% off on their website. icon_smile.gif

Happy Shopping

pluto6210 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pluto6210 Posted 5 Feb 2007 , 2:43pm
post #17 of 28

JoAnne Fabrics is running a 50% off coupon this week on their site! Internet coupon.

nefgaby Posted 5 Feb 2007 , 4:38pm
post #18 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluto6210

JoAnne Fabrics is running a 50% off coupon this week on their site! Internet coupon.

Hi, do you have a link to this coupon? I just checked online and all I found was 10% off any 3 cookie or cake items... icon_confused.gif
Thanks

strawberry0121 Posted 6 Feb 2007 , 10:28pm
post #19 of 28

I got them from another paper. I have a feeling they weren't supposed to be in our version of the Washington Post. We're out in the boonies. Anyway, the important thing is that I got one (okay, 2...) Thanks!!

Janette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Janette Posted 6 Feb 2007 , 10:37pm
post #20 of 28

If anyone wants the JoAnn's 50% coupon good through this Saturday PM me your e-mail address and I forward it to you.

Irish245 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Irish245 Posted 6 Feb 2007 , 10:46pm
post #21 of 28

I don't know if you're aware or if it's like this at your Michael's, but Michael's accepts Jo-Ann's coupons since they are a competitor. I used my Jo-Ann coupons at Michael's all the time!!! I don't know if Jo-Ann's accepts Michael's coupons...never tried that way.

jstump Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jstump Posted 6 Feb 2007 , 11:56pm
post #22 of 28

I bought a paper here in Shreveport just for the coupon & there was NO coupon in it!!!!! icon_mad.gif I called my mom who also lives here & she had one in hers!! Luckily I have a great mom & she gave me hers thumbs_up.gif

janicecold Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janicecold Posted 7 Feb 2007 , 12:36am
post #23 of 28

I know that when I visit Grand Forks I tell them that I am from out of town and they would give me a coupon. I also know that they only put coupon out say 49 of the 52 weeks of the year. And another thing, if you say that you did not get one in the paper and they did have a coupon that week they will give it to you and ask for your postal code which I think is zip code in the states. That is what I do here in Winnipeg Manitoba Canada. I don't know if you could do that but it is worth a try.

christeena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
christeena Posted 7 Feb 2007 , 12:42am
post #24 of 28

Another place to find a coupon could be your public library! Most subscribe to newspapers, even the Sunday ones with the coupon. I went to our public library today and walked out with 3 coupons!! I now have 5 to "spend" this week!

Janette Posted 7 Feb 2007 , 5:08am
post #25 of 28

Just a reminder if anyone needs a 50% off coupon for JoAnn's I can send you one by e-mail. Just pm me your e-mail address.

Note: Michael's will not accept JoAnn's coupons printed from the net.

Joann's will send me coupons by mail and e-mail but they are really far from me. Michael's the only way you can get a coupon is to pay $1.50 for a paper. If they ever put a JoAnn's by me they have me as a customer.

galliesway Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
galliesway Posted 8 Feb 2007 , 5:09pm
post #26 of 28

I had a 40% off pop up on JoAn's site good until the 14th. Is the 50% still available. I don't know if anyone would know if you could also use the free ship for anything over $25 along with it.

Kelley

Janette Posted 8 Feb 2007 , 6:05pm
post #27 of 28

Just pm me your e-mail address and I will for ward to you

heather2780 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heather2780 Posted 8 Feb 2007 , 6:21pm
post #28 of 28

I got a 40% coupon from michael's in sunday's paper and then agian in the little weekly mail box new we get so now I have 2 yeah.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%