New Here. Asked To Make 1/2 Sheet Boombox Cake Help!!!!!!!!!

Decorating By diannekay Updated 18 Mar 2005 , 6:20am by flayvurdfun

diannekay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diannekay Posted 11 Mar 2005 , 12:17am
post #1 of 11

okay sister-in-law asked me to do a boom box cake for april 1st.... i have only made 6 cakes so far so i need any and all help she would like it standing up on the cake if i could but would take any picture or what ever just as long as it has a boom box some were.lalala... help i'm dieing here..
[email protected]
what price would you ask for also?
thank you so so much

ps i have pic.on cd but have to go somewhere to put them up here ..but will soon i hope.

10 replies
tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 11 Mar 2005 , 2:25am
post #2 of 11

I would make the 1/2 sheet cake & either do a frozen buttercream transfer on it or make the 1/2 sheet cake. Make another cake maybe in a loaf pan. Freeze it then cut it to the shape of a boom box. Then just pip the speakers, buttons & antenna ect. on it. There you have a boom box. Look through the galleries on here because I think I've seen some boom boxes somewhere. Good luck!

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 11 Mar 2005 , 7:17am
post #3 of 11

first of all you need to have a boom box nearby so you can copy it. you don't have to be exact. i would do two 1/4 sheets to get the height. you may have to do some carving to get it to look the way you want it. you can add filling in between the layers. i did an xbox cake, which is in the gallery. i had my husbands xbox nearby so i could copy that! hope this helps!

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 11 Mar 2005 , 4:37pm
post #4 of 11

I know I have seen one somewhere also....maybe it is on here... I will also look elsewhere and get back with you if I see it....

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 11 Mar 2005 , 5:27pm
post #5 of 11
thecakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakemaker Posted 11 Mar 2005 , 5:32pm
post #6 of 11

You could also use a loaf pan and make the boom box with that and place it on a 9 x 13 or other cake and use or make cd cases and headphones to place around it on the sheet cake.

Just a thought
Debbie

diannekay Posted 17 Mar 2005 , 1:15am
post #7 of 11

thank you so much i will think about all ideas thank you.

letseatcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
letseatcake Posted 17 Mar 2005 , 3:16am
post #8 of 11

In the Wilton new Fondant book they have boombox cake shown.

flayvurdfun Posted 17 Mar 2005 , 5:47pm
post #9 of 11

DIANNEKAY well did you make one??? how did it turn out? have you posted it? [/b]

diannekay Posted 18 Mar 2005 , 1:55am
post #10 of 11

i will be doing the cake around march 28th or so its for april 1st.. but will let you know when the time comes.
bye

flayvurdfun Posted 18 Mar 2005 , 6:20am
post #11 of 11

Cool. I didnt pick out the april 1st date. DUH! icon_eek.gificon_confused.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%