Cookie Bouquet Pricing?

Business By momlovestocook Updated 20 Oct 2005 , 12:54am by okieinalaska

momlovestocook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momlovestocook Posted 19 Oct 2005 , 10:25pm
post #1 of 10

I am going to make up some cookie bouquets to sell at my SIL's open house in November(she'll be selling tole painting). I did a trial bouquet today(in my photos) with 6 cookies. I was thinking about 8-10 dollars.
I am also making up bags of chocolate popcorn and gingerbread house kits.

thanks
Sandra

9 replies
aliciaL_77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aliciaL_77 Posted 19 Oct 2005 , 10:34pm
post #2 of 10

I woudl go for the $10 for 6 cookies plus the container.. sound good to me! they look good!

texastwinkie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
texastwinkie Posted 19 Oct 2005 , 10:57pm
post #3 of 10

I would double that and ask for at least 20.00 or maybe even 4-5 dollars per cookie. We just purchased a 6 cookie bouquet for Bosses day at work from Cookies By Design and they charged us 42.00. There would have been a 15 dollar delivery fee and we opted to go pick it up.

okieinalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
okieinalaska Posted 19 Oct 2005 , 10:58pm
post #4 of 10

I respectfally disagree with you aliciaL_77 icon_surprised.gif

Are you asking about that exact bouquet? How much was your container, it looks very pretty. I have to guess the container cost at LEAST $2 if not more??

And the bouquet is for 6 cookies? Plus you have tissue paper, while isn't that expensive it adds up, plus the sticks the cookies on.

Plus 6 cookies, most bouquets have between 3-5 and are priced much more then $10. Your cookie bouquet is beautiful! Don't undercharge.

Cookies take time to decorate, even though the ingredients aren't expensive. Smiley faces are pretty basic but still take time.

With 6 cookies and that beautiful container I think you should be charging a min of $15 and probably more like $20.

Sandra how much do just the container, sticks, foam? that it sticks into, and paper cost on their own??

Please someone jump in and give your opinions... I just think $10 is way to low.

momlovestocook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momlovestocook Posted 19 Oct 2005 , 11:10pm
post #5 of 10

The container is from the dollar store. The foam was 20 cents, maybe 10 cents for the paper. Not sure about the sticks-have had them a while. The mmf is pretty cheap to make as well.
I just don't want to price things too high and not sell anything icon_sad.gif .

thanks for your responses-my dh figured 5 dollars was good LOL.

Sandra

texastwinkie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
texastwinkie Posted 19 Oct 2005 , 11:18pm
post #6 of 10

The cost of supplies, ingredients and don't forget the time you put into making them. Five or 10.00 is way too low.

psurrette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
psurrette Posted 19 Oct 2005 , 11:43pm
post #7 of 10

I agree your price is too low. I would sell them for at least $3.00 each plus that cost for the other items.

Mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mac Posted 19 Oct 2005 , 11:53pm
post #8 of 10

momlovestocook--

I do cookie bouquets and I charge $20.00 for a 3-cookie bouquet, $25.00 for a 4-cookie bouquet, $35.00 for 6-cookie bouquet, $40.00 for a 7-cookie bouquet and my most expensive bouquet was $60.00 for a 10-cookie bouquet that was handpainted in a metal container and fake ice. I'll see if I can scan it into my photos. Give me a few minutes.

BTW--this does include the delivery charge in town.

Mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mac Posted 20 Oct 2005 , 12:26am
post #9 of 10

Okay--finally got several of them posted in my photos--don't mean to be a hog about it, just a lot that I haven't had time to sit down and upload.
Let me know whatcha think--Pam

okieinalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
okieinalaska Posted 20 Oct 2005 , 12:54am
post #10 of 10

You are so lucky to have a dollar store! I am jealous! Great find on the container. : )

Regardless, your time is worth money too. : ) If you don't want to charge to much, go for $15 but I do think they are worth more.

Mac, I am off to see your cookies. Can't wait! icon_smile.gif

I am going to be doing some bouquets this weekend will have to post then. Don't know what I am charging yet as I am unsure of how many cookies etc.... I paid more for my containers than momlovestocook too at joanns 50% off halloween stuff. : (

edited to add: Mac your cookie bouquets are so cute! Great job!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%