Chocolate Cake With Chocolate Pudding Recipe

Baking By midwestmom Updated 11 Mar 2005 , 3:04am by midwestmom

midwestmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
midwestmom Posted 10 Mar 2005 , 11:55pm
post #1 of 4

My 7 year old has requested a chocolate cake with chocolate in the middle. Can I bake a few round cakes & ice a dam on the bottom one & put some sort of chocolate filling then put the next round cake on top???
I've never done this before. icon_eek.gif This website is inspiring me to make some cakes!! But I need some recipes. Anyone have a recipe for this? Is this even possible? I'll appreciate your help....... Ginny
p.s. dh suggested that i just use hershey's chocolate syrup for the filling!! icon_biggrin.gif Don't know if that'd work or not. he just loves chocolate syrup.

3 replies
Jenni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenni Posted 11 Mar 2005 , 12:15am
post #2 of 4

A friend of mine uses chocolate pudding for her filling sometimes...I love the taste of it but have never tried it myself. She said she uses those Snack Packs (or either the box puddings). She makes a dam with choc. buttercream first so it wont squish out the sides. That's all the advice I can offer since I have never had a personal experience with it.

MomofThree Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MomofThree Posted 11 Mar 2005 , 12:51am
post #3 of 4

Hey,

I baked a cake for my sister not long ago using a basic chocolate ganache as the filling. I used the recipe posted at www.joyofbaking.com.

You can use whatever type of chocolate you like (semi-sweet, milk, etc.) and then let the ganache cool. Once it is cooled, you can whip it up to make it like a frosting consistency. I use whatever I am frosting the rest of the cake with to pipe the dam on the bottom layer and then fill the center with the ganache.

Good Luck with whatever method you choose! icon_biggrin.gif

midwestmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
midwestmom Posted 11 Mar 2005 , 3:04am
post #4 of 4

Thanks guys for your tips.
I'm not sure what ganache is...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%