My First Decorated Cake...

Decorating By mem1995 Updated 4 Feb 2007 , 4:14am by Angelbaby1973

mem1995 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mem1995 Posted 4 Feb 2007 , 2:33am
post #1 of 13

Hi everyone,
I took my first wilton class today and couldn't wait to decorate a cake so I made this one for my cousin. I am eleven years old and I want to be a pastry chef when I grow up. Please let me know what you think of my cake. I posted my cake in my pics.
Thanks
Maddy

12 replies
countrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
countrycakes Posted 4 Feb 2007 , 3:22am
post #2 of 13

icon_smile.gifthumbs_up.gif Dear Maddy,
I am quite proud of you! My name is countrycakes....and your cake is quite nice. Keep up the great work!!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

mem1995 Posted 4 Feb 2007 , 3:27am
post #3 of 13

thank you countrycakes for the nice compliment.

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 4 Feb 2007 , 3:29am
post #4 of 13

Maddy, your cake is beautiful! You did a wonderful job on it and I'm sure your cousin loved it.

I am a mom, so I have to ask you this question... Do your parents know you are telling people on the internet your age? Please ask them if they approve. I do not allow my children to reveal their ages or the city they live in to anyone on the internet. Safety first! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

getfrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
getfrosted Posted 4 Feb 2007 , 3:31am
post #5 of 13

Hi Maddy!

Your cake is great! I wish that my first cake looked as good as yours (and I was much older than you!!!!)!

It's wonderful that you want to be a pastry chef - one day we'll see you on the Food Network challenges and be able to say that we saw where it all started! Keep up the great work! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

mem1995 Posted 4 Feb 2007 , 3:34am
post #6 of 13

My mom is sitting next to me and this is the only time I am allowed to say it. From this point on no one will know. My mom said thank you for watching out. She monitors everything I do on the computer.
Thanks for the nice comments on my cake. thumbs_up.gif

ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 4 Feb 2007 , 3:35am
post #7 of 13

Yes, congratulations! Great cake! icon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

I agree with DianeLM, make sure everything is okay with your parents. We love having you here - but just make sure your parents know.

jovigirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jovigirl Posted 4 Feb 2007 , 3:38am
post #8 of 13

Can't wait to see your next creations!!!! thumbs_up.gif

nglez09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nglez09 Posted 4 Feb 2007 , 3:39am
post #9 of 13

Oh, I know you. Your mom introduced you last week, didn't she? You did excellent on your cake! Continue w/ what you like to do! thumbs_up.gif I quit when I started (I was 12) and just recently got back on the wagon. Once again, nicely done! thumbs_up.gif

notjustcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
notjustcake Posted 4 Feb 2007 , 3:40am
post #10 of 13

Diane --- It's exactly what I was thinking then I saw your reply, good job for looking out, Maddy you did good better than my first cake see my rainbow cake!!! icon_redface.gif

mem1995 Posted 4 Feb 2007 , 3:49am
post #11 of 13

nglez09-thats me. My mom is very proud that I like something that she does. She is doing very well with her cakes and she is teaching me alot so I can help her.
My mom said she appreciates everyone looking out for me. I am not allowed on this site or any others without her being in the room with me. She loves this site and considers everyone her friends. Keep up the great work.

Bradymom6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bradymom6 Posted 4 Feb 2007 , 3:55am
post #12 of 13

Maddy,
Your cake is very good. It looks great for your first one. You will go far in cake decorating. Go for your dream. I think with your passion you will easily succeed.
Bradymom

Angelbaby1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Angelbaby1973 Posted 4 Feb 2007 , 4:14am
post #13 of 13

Maddy,
I love your Cake thumbs_up.gif My Husband bought me a strawberryshort cake for my B-Day and I just wanted to say I would have much rather have had yours! Great work icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%