Diamonds???????

Decorating By briansbaker Updated 18 Oct 2005 , 11:02pm by aliciaL_77

briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 18 Oct 2005 , 2:50pm
post #1 of 9

I am making a Texas shape cookie for my son's friend. He is into the Texas thing.. Everything he has either has Texas/TX. written on it. So what better to make him than a Texas size cookie? He is also all about diamonds.. LOL Bling Bling!! This is what I am going to try.. Let me know what you think or give me better ideas.. I'll make the cookie, shape it like Texas.. I will then ice it in crusting buttercream.. I am going to try (first time) using pearl dust on the icing...Then I am going to use White Sparkling Sugar on it.. Do you think I will get the diamond effect doing this? HELP!! TIA

8 replies
jennjd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennjd Posted 18 Oct 2005 , 2:51pm
post #2 of 9

YOu could do a big texas cookie and then decorate as the texas flag. you could mak the star very diamond like.
HTH

briansbaker Posted 18 Oct 2005 , 2:56pm
post #3 of 9

This is what I am aiming for:
LL

DiH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DiH Posted 18 Oct 2005 , 8:53pm
post #4 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by briansbaker

I will then ice it in crusting buttercream.. I am going to try (first time) using pearl dust on the icing...Then I am going to use White Sparkling Sugar on it..

Cute idea!

Doing things in that particular order tho', something tells me that the sugar might not have anything wet to stick to. My 2 cents.

aliciaL_77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aliciaL_77 Posted 18 Oct 2005 , 8:54pm
post #5 of 9

I garee.. I would sugar it first..

tripletmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tripletmom Posted 18 Oct 2005 , 9:09pm
post #6 of 9

Hmmmm...I would maybe do the background in a light gray (grey?) colour of royal icing for a platinum effect and then use coarse sugar to 'sand' it. Perhaps silver dragees around the outside for even more 'bling'? You could also write the TEXAS in royal and then paint it with silver luster dust.

edencakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
edencakes Posted 18 Oct 2005 , 9:14pm
post #7 of 9

I agree with tripletmom, although I might even go a bit further and paint the background with silver luster dust to give it a very shiny appearance before topping with course sugar.

Whatever you decide on, be sure to post a picture!

briansbaker Posted 18 Oct 2005 , 9:29pm
post #8 of 9

Thank you for your ideas.. I have been bumping my head against the wall and decided to visit.. Cakesbysam.com
I purchased Hologram Silver Pixie Dust. It looks like this would be the closest thing to diamonds.. BUT icon_confused.gif how does this work? LOL Guess I should have asked before purchasing.. I just got excited! icon_lol.gif
woohoo along with a Diamond Impression Mat and a Line Impression Mat. I can't wait to use those things!!!

aliciaL_77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aliciaL_77 Posted 18 Oct 2005 , 11:02pm
post #9 of 9

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%